I haven't explored much around Denver, but I spent a few weeks in Colorado Springs a couple years ago and LOVED it! I wanted (and still do) so badly to experience all of the "outdoor" stuff they're so proud of out here ... but didn't want to do it alone. Someday I'm coming back out here on a vacation and am TOTALLY getting in a couple days of Pike's Peak, some white water rafting (bigger and better (easily done) than what we did in Wisconsin last year), and anything else I can find to do! Who's coming with me?!?
I don't know if it's me or if it's just "regular Colorado weather", but days here seem to start out bright and sunny, but by 1 or 2 pm, the clouds have rolled in and it starts to rain, snow, hail, etc. Yes, I've seen all of it this year, in my 8 full days in Aurora.
In April, the weather started off gorgeous! By the end of the week, I found myself scraping 8 inches of snow off my car with a credit card in a lightweight hoodie. Lesson learned: take a coat, make sure the rental car has a snow brush, and don't trust the Weather Channel. The good part was my rescheduled flight was late departing, so I missed my connection in Salt Lake. Why is that good? I got a free weekend trip in Provo with Jay & fam!
So far this trip (that's about 27 hours), I've had rain and hail. But at least at the end of that storm, I saw this:

Maybe I just don't get out enough at home after it rains ... but it was kinda fun to see last night!
And now, before it starts raining again, I'm running out to get some schtuff for the center that's SUPPOSED to be open tomorrow.

I'll believe that when i poo rainbow colors and a leprachaun jumps out of me bum and is dancing around on the floor saying look at me I am leprachaun dancing around all nimbly bimbly like. Snaps to Linderman.
ReplyDelete