I've had a bunch of pictures on my desktop from my last trip to Memphis that I wanted to blog about. Now that it's been a few months, I don't have a ton to say about it. But, I'll post the pictures anyway.
After my first trip to Memphis, i decided that before I left for the last time I would go tour Graceland. I don't know really why I wanted to, as I've never been a huge fan of Elvis, never really even knew anything about him or his life. I just thought it'd be cool, even though I had to tour alone.
And cool it was. I enjoyed every moment of the tour ... and was thrilled to see that it was an audio tour, so everyone was walking around with earphones by themselves!
There were so many things to see in there, not to mention all the awards (holy crap, there were a lot!) and clothes!
My favorites were:

{graceland's front room ... this white couch is 14 feet long!}
{the pool room ... that is fabric draped all over the ceiling and walls!}
{this is the award room now, but originally it was his personal racquetball court ... crazy!}
I didn't take any pictures of his personal planes, but that was another favorite!!
Anyway, while I'm sure that this wouldn't necessarily be on everyone's to-do list, I recommend it!

No comments:
Post a Comment